Bonjour! Guten Tah! Nei Ho! Hello and welcome to my blog-napping! While my older sister was being lame back in Georgia putting together her Halloween costume, I, her younger and extremely awesome sister went to see.....wait for it..…TAYLOR SWIFT! Of course I had to “borrow” like a little sister should (no really it’s in the sibling rivalry handbook) my sister’s blog to inform you of what I like to call my TSwift Adventure aka Take Over Part Deux!
|My sister with TSwift circa 2007! Totally Jealous!|
“Be that strong girl that everyone knew would make it through the worst, be that fearless girl, the one who would dare to do anything, be that independent girl who didn’t need a man; be that girl who never backed down.”First let’s start with the facts:
Taylor Alison Swift was born December 13, 1989 in Pennsylvania. She’s a singer-song writer as well as an actress. She’s done more acting than I realized (apparently it didn’t stop at Valentine’s Day or CSI). She has 3 albums: Taylor Swift, Fearless, and Speak Now. She’s had 2 tours and is about to finish up the second, Speak Now. She’s had a total of 146 nominations and has won 89 of those. Of course everyone remembers her most memorable award winning moment when Kanye West interrupted her “thank you” speech (pictured below) at the MTV Video Music Awards. The girl has dated hotties like Jake Gyllenhaal, Taylor Lautner and Joe Jonas, further proving why she’s an inspiration to all girls everywhere…that or it proves she’s envied by all girls everywhere. Either way Taylor Swift is pretty freaking awesome.
|And Jacob (in Twilight)...oh my!|
Anywho, while at the concert I made a list of everything that popped in my head instead of boring you with literally every single detail of what happened. This list consists of everything from what I saw to quotes to random thoughts! Enjoy (I apologize for the awkwardness that is constantly going through my head)!
1. “Not the Eagles but still okay”- This is why you don’t take your father to any concert circa 2011 especially not Taylor Swift.
2. Note to self: learn to make light up posters for next concert. Cardboard isn't cutting it.— First of all lights take posters to a whole new level and secondly you have a greater chance getting picked for Taylor's “T-Party”. (Confused as to what that is? Watch this.)
3. "The only thing I love more than you is my GF" – Bahahaha! I’m sorry but this is HILARIOUS! It was one of the texts that were played on the big screen before the concert! Loved it! Mine (which totally made the big screen) was about me coming all the way from GA to see her)
4. One of the liveliest concerts ever! I mean people were literally shooting out of the floor onto the stage. There we’re acrobats letting “Sparks Fly” from their hands as they were hung from the ceiling. Fire Works! Oh and who can forget the confetti?! I mean really? (Side Note: A concert without confetti is like a PB&J without the PB. Do you know what that leaves you? In a jam with some really soggy bread.)
5. Someone PLEASE give me Taylor’s stylist’s number! I adored all her outfits! So many sparkles I almost died of delight!!
6. Note to Moms: Don't dance... Ever. It’s traumatizing not only to your kids but to me and TSwift as well. Just saying…
7. A tree stage and she flew through the air?! It literally made every fan's night more memorable! But not as memorable as her actually walking through the crowd! I died!
8. "Taylor Swift or Die" – Never ever EVER wear a shirt that says this. It’s not flattering it’s frightening… but not as frightening as middle aged woman dancing.
9. Where is Alexandra and her boney little elbows when you need to push past evil 12 year olds.
10. I love how Taylor puts on a show that reenacts her songs the way she sees them! Its super clever! She did everything from a Wedding (“Speak Now”) and school kids in a library (“Story Of Us”)
Since I’m done rambling you can now enjoy my pictures! They aren’t awesome, but hey that’s what you get when you forget to “borrow” your sister’s camera for a life altering concert.
|Me and my PIC (Partner In Crime) for the evening. You can call him Doug, but I personally call him Dad.|
|Taylor on the screen!|
|Taylor on the big screen, but really I wanted you to see what I refer to as the "Princess Stage"|
|Taylor flying right over my head! I die!|
|Me showing some TSwift love!|
Until next time, my friends...