*Be sure to enter my Technogel pillow GIVEAWAY if you haven't already!*
Today's whole post is basically inspired by Megan over at Running Toward the Prize. She has had some awesome ideas this past week, so I told her I was going to "admire and acquire" them for a blog post. First, she came up with the genius idea to make a list of summer goals. In my opinion, summer lasts from Memorial Day to Labor Day, so that is my personal timeline for my summer goals list. That is exactly 99 days! Check out my list below:
1. Eat real foods. Summer is the perfect time to eat more veggies and fruits, so that is my plan!
2. Enjoy the season. Summer comes and goes quickly which is why I want to enjoy the season! My goal is to visit either the pool/lake/beach every weekend. This is a great place to read and relax.
3. Read fourteen books. This might sound like an unusual number, but it is actually only one book per week. This week I've been reading Lacrosse for Dummies since the BF coaches lacrosse and for almost two years I've had absolutely no idea what is going on at any of his games. Starting on Monday I will begin The Carrie Diaries (can't wait for the show this fall!).
4. Stretch daily.
5. Wake up for Tone It Up #BootyCall workouts 3 days/wk. Your metabolism is kickstarted if you can get your cardio in during the morning time, so that is my goal - rise and run!
6. Sign up for a race. I have a race in mind, but I don't want to officially announce it yet. Training begins in a few weeks for it though! I'm very excited!
7. Follow the 30 week training program for my top-secret, awesome race! The program obviously runs (no pun intended ;o) until race day, but it begins this summer.
8. Finish the Tone It Up #BikiniSeries up strong. The Bikini Series should be officially over on June 10th - that leaves two weeks to finish on top!
9. Create a daily goals list each month. At the beginning of the year, I created a daily goals list for each month. It included things like floss, read for an hour, stretch, etc. I think it would be a good thing to bring back to help break down these summer goals into smaller daily goals.
10. Celebrate my blogversary! I'm still working out details/ideas, but I would love to celebrate my blogversary - and my readers! The official date is June 23!
Megan also introduced me to the Runner's World #RWRunStreak Challenge - to run at least one mile each day from Memorial Day to July 4th! I'm changing it up a bit through. My personal challenge will run through the whole summer from Memorial Day to Labor Day. I also don't expect to run all of the miles. As I mentioned previously, I am starting a training program soon and it includes rest days on Mondays and Fridays. Because of that, I will walk on those days. You can check out my progress at Daily Mile. My workouts also get posted to my Twitter feed through Daily Mile, so you can follow me there as well.
What are your summer goals? Are you going to participate in the #RWRunStreak Challenge with me and Megan? Let me know in the comments below!