|Photo from here.|
I don't always listen to music when I workout, but when I do, I like to rock out! Whether it's during a SoulCycle class or a dreadmill sesh, music can make my workout ten times better. I don't discriminate. My iTunes Top 25 Played songs looks like it belongs to someone that suffers with Dissociative Identity Disorder. Check out the random compilation of songs below that is part of my workout playlist:
1. No Church in the Wild by Kanye West and Jay Z (featuring Frank Ocean) Even though I'm not a fan of Kanye, I love this song. The beat is awesome! This song makes an appearance in the new trailer for The Great Gatsby. I'm obsessed with the trailer and cannot wait for the movie to come out this May!
2. Suit and Tie by Justin Timberlake (featuring Jay Z) I'm so glad that JT is back! Did you see his performance at the Grammys Sunday night? LOVE. I cannot wait for him to go on tour! I need floor seats. Who's with me?!
3. Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon No matter how old, this will always be in my top favorite songs. Enough said.
4. Apologize by Silverstein (One Replublic cover) I love mash ups, remixes, and covers. I came across a CD called Punk Goes Pop that includes a bunch of pop songs with a punk rock twist. The album is pretty cool if you are into that kind of thing.
5. Beauty and a Beat - Justin Bieber (featuring Nicki Minaj) This is quickly climbing my list of favorite songs.
6. Price Tag/Don't You/Give Me Everything/Just the Way You Are/Party in the USA/Turn the Beat Around by The Bellas If you haven't seen the movie Pitch Perfect and then immediately downloaded the soundtrack, you need to get on it. This mash up is amazing! Prepare to get pitch slapped!
7. Blow Me (One Last Kiss) by Pink Pink is basically the female version of Eminem in my book. Both singers are great when I need some extra motivation.
8. Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners I love 80s music! It's just so much fun to dance to. Random fact - 80s music is my go-to while getting ready/before going out.
9. Danza Kuduro by Don Omar and Lucenzo I can't understand a single word of this song, but I love it none the less.
10. Sweet Nothing by Calvin Harris (featuring Florence Welch)
11. Ho Hey by The Lumineers This is my favorite song at the moment!
12. Hungry Like the Wolf/Rio by Darren Criss and Matt Bomer (Duran Duran cover) I recently re-watched Matt Bomer's Glee episode, and now I find myself jamming out to this song more and more.
13. I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift
14. Little Lion Man by Tonight Alive (Mumford & Sons cover) Gabrielle played this song during the first SoulCycle class I ever rode in. I absolutely loved it, so after class I asked Gabrielle who sang it and then went straight home to download it.
15. Locked Out of Heaven by Bruno Mars
16. Wild Ones by Flo Rida (featuring Sia) Even though this song is old, this might still be my favorite song to dance to when out with friends.
17. Your Love by The Outfield As I stated previously - Seriously. Love. 80s. Music...
18. Boys of Summer by Don Henley ...like a lot.
What are some of your favorite songs from your workout playlist? Whether songs are fast paced to pump me up or slow for stretching, I love making new additions to my playlist often. Let me know in the comments below!
Stay fit and fabulous,